Part-Time Data Inputter
The Cornwall Police Service strives to promote and demonstrate the values of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the community we serve and encourage qualified candidates of all background and abilities to apply. Cornwall Police Service has identified the need for Part-Time position(s) as Data Inputter.
This position is under the supervision of the Records Supervisor. Successful candidates will be responsible for entering police incidents (which are provided via live data entry, hard copy reports or recorded dictation) into the automated Records Management Systems, complete court documents, prepare pouches and submit disclosures to the Crown Attorney’s office.
The successful candidate will demonstrate above average skills & abilities in the following areas:
- Grade 12 education (or equivalent)
- Keyboarding skills (minimum speed of 60 wpm)
- Minimum of six (6) months previous office administration experience
- Strong communications skills, including excellent spelling and grammar
- Related experience and/or post-secondary education are considered an asset
- Familiar with software applications such as Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Multitask and work effectively in a team environment and/or alone while under considerable pressure
- Ability to problem solve while demonstrating great attention to detail
- Ability to research and take initiative when receiving inquiries
The successful applicant will be expected to work 12-hour shifts and be available for call-ins. This Police Service is a 24-hour, 365-day per year operation. Part-time positions are used to supplement full-time positions by working a variety of shifts, including the possibility of split shifts.
ALL CANDIDATES SELECTED TO PROCEED WILL UNDERGO TESTING
All interested individuals are invited to submit their application and resume via the online application link for this position in the Records Bureau outlining their skills, qualifications and experience relative to the position applied for.
Applicants are required to successfully pass all testing components before being advanced to the next stage. Applicants in consideration for hire shall be subject to a thorough background investigation that includes but is not limited to: police check with local, provincial and out of country law enforcement agencies if required; education credentials; credit and financial inquiries; and personal and work references.
Deadline for submission of applications is Tuesday, August 3, 2021 at 4:00pm
Location(s) of Position(s)
21 Jul 2021
340 Pitt Street