Recruitment for Deputy Chief of Police
The Cornwall Police Board is currently inviting internal applications for the position of
DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE
The City of Cornwall has a diverse cultural and economic makeup. The Cornwall Police Service Board is seeking an accomplished individual to share the responsibility for providing leadership and direction to the dedicated members of the Cornwall Police Service (CPS).
The Deputy Chief will maintain a visible and respected profile for the Service. The Deputy Chief will assist the Chief of Police in effectively managing and establishing the operational, administrative resources and priorities to meet the essential policing needs of the community.
The position will assume responsibility for assisting the Chief of Police with providing overall leadership to the Cornwall Police Service (CPS). The Deputy Chief must support the Service’s vision of a Safer Cornwall, and provide coherence and a sense of purpose to front line staff that face the daily challenges of providing service to a diverse and vibrant community. The Deputy Chief will be responsible to implement the objectives, priorities, policies and procedures established by the Chief of Police and the Police Services Board through the business planning process.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
As the ideal candidate for this role, you will:
- Be a sworn member with minimum of 20 years of progressively responsible law enforcement;
- Have senior management or command rank experience;
- Have a strong understanding of organizational strategic management;
- Have working experience and a solid understanding of police operations;
- Have experience in dealing with the media;
- Have experience in community relationship building;
- Have strong understanding and demonstrated experience promoting principles of Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity;
- A degree in police science, criminal justice, public administration or related field, is preferred, or a demonstrated combination of experience, education and training may substitute for formal education;
- Bilingualism will be considered as an asset;
For a complete list of essential competencies, duties and responsibilities please see the Job Description and Deputy Chief Task List.
Interested applicants can forward their résumé and a cover letter in confidence by email to:
The Cornwall Police Services Board Attention: Board Secretary
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission is October 31, 2021.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Cornwall Police Service strives to promote and demonstrate the values of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the community we serve and encourage qualified candidates of all backgrounds and abilities to apply.
The Cornwall Police Service is committed to equitable treatment of all individuals in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance to the Ontario Human Rights Code and the position requirements.
30 Sep 2021
340 Pitt Street
Cornwall Police Services Board