Student Mentorship Position
The Cornwall Police Service strives to promote and demonstrate the values of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the community we serve and encourage qualified candidates of all background and abilities to apply. Cornwall Police Service is seeking a Student to work in the Records Department as part of our Student Mentorship Program.
This paid position is under the supervision of the Officer in Charge of Support Services. The successful candidate will work in the Records Department assisting the Receptionist and Records Clerks. Also, the candidate will have the opportunity to learn about other areas of the organization, how a municipal police service works, and attend weekly mentor team meetings.
- Must be a student returning to full-time studies at the college or university level in September 2023
- Ability to operate office equipment such as telephones, photocopier, cash register, and fax machine
- Experience dealing with customers is considered an asset
- Experience in administrative work is considered an asset
- Be able to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
The successful candidate will demonstrate skills and abilities regarding the following:
- Strong communications skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
- Ability to take initiative to address issues as they arise
The successful applicant will be expected to work Monday – Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm.
This is a summer position which will end on September 1, 2023.
All interested individuals are invited to submit their application and resume via the online application for this position outlining their skills, qualifications and experience relative to the position applied for. Applicants in consideration for hire shall be subject to a background investigation that includes but is not limited to: police checks; education credentials; and personal and work references.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Deadline for submission of applications is Monday, April 10th, 2023 at 8:00 am.
Location(s) of Position(s)
16 Mar 2023
340 Pitt St.