The Pursuit of Excellence.... Law Enforcement Accreditation
The standards address nine major law enforcement subjects:
- Role, responsibilities, and relationships with other agencies
- Organization, management and administration
- Personnel structure
- Personnel processes
- Operational support
- Traffic operations
- Prisoner and court-related activities
Auxiliary and technical services
Goals of Accreditation
- Strengthen crime prevention and control capabilities
- Formalize essential management procedures
- Establish fair and nondiscriminatory personnel practices
- Improve service-delivery
- Solidify interagency cooperation and coordination
Boost citizen and staff confidence in the agency
Agencies that seek accreditation are required to comply only with those standards that are specifically applicable to them. Applicability is based on two factors: an agency's size and the functions it performs.
On March 23rd, 2016, The Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA®) was pleased to announce the second successful awarding of CALEA Law Enforcement Accreditation to the Cornwall Community Police Service.
For more information on the CALEA program please visit their site here.
To contact the Quality Assurance Manager, please use the contact form below: