The Cornwall Police Service (CPS) is pleased to announce the return of the annual Bikes & Badges event on June 3, 2023 at St. Lawrence College (2 St. Lawrence Drive, Cornwall, ON) from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. (Registered participants are asked to arrive by 9:30 am).
This event is open to local youth, ages 6 to 12. Join us as we provide children in our community with a unique opportunity to interact with officers, while gaining lessons on bicycle safety and rules of the road before going through an obstacle course. Registered participants may also be eligible to receive a new quality helmet and safety equipment. The CPS Crime Prevention Team will also be on site to register bicycle serial numbers into our Bike Registry. As in previous years, we are thankful to the Optimist Club of Cornwall who will be at the event to provide participants with a free lunch.
Additional highlights to be expected at the event include:
- New high quality helmet & safety equipment provided to registered participants (Please note children without an approved helmet will be considered a priority for receiving a new helmet as supplies are limited)
- Free lunch and refreshments will be provided by the Optimist Club to all that attend
- Members of Cornwall Police Service Bicycle Unit will teach bicycle safety and rules of the road to the participants
- The participants will be able to travel through an obstacle course
- A crime prevention booth will be in place to register kids bicycle(s) with serial numbers to the Cornwall Police Service
Please note that the event is being facilitated in English.
Due to limited space, the organizing committee is asking that participants who have taken part in the event in previous years allow for other youth to take part this year.
A special thank you to all of the sponsors who help make this event possible:
Participants are encouraged to register their bicycle with the Cornwall Police Service by clicking here. By registering your bike with us, it increases the chance of locating the bike if it ever becomes stolen or missing. All you have to do is answer a few quick questions!
Pre-registration is required to attend Bikes & Badges.
Registration is now CLOSED! Thanks to everyone who registered. See you on June 3rd!
Bikes & Badges Registration 2023