2022-09-12 - Request for Public Assistance - Stolen VehiclesPublished on September 12, 2022
Cornwall, ON – The Cornwall Police Service (CPS) is asking for the public’s assistance in locating two vehicles that were stolen over the weekend.
- 1989 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Last three digits on the licence plate are #574
- Taken on September 10th, 2022 at approximately 9:45 pm in the area of Fifth Street East
- 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle Convertible
- Last three digits on the licence plate are #869
- Taken on September 11th, 2022 at approximately 2:35 pm in the area of Augustus Street
Both vehicles are in very good condition and are considered unique from other vehicle thefts that have been reported to police throughout the year.
Anyone with information on this investigation is asked to contact Detective Constable Dave Langlois at (613) 933-5000 ext. 2779 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS/ seawayvalleycrimestoppers.ca.
The CPS would also like to use this opportunity to remind vehicle owners to consider the following safety tips:
- If possible, park the vehicle in a locked garage.
- If you have more than one vehicle, park the second vehicle of lesser value tightly behind the other motor vehicle to block it in your driveway.
- Consider purchasing a steering wheel locking device or an onboard diagnostic port (OBD) locking device (prevents thieves from reprogramming the vehicle’s key fob).
- Consider leaving keys in a container that will block the keyless FOB’s signal, such as a Faraday bag
- Never leave your keys inside of your vehicle or unattended.
- Lock your vehicle at all times.
- Consider purchasing video surveillance for your residence.
- Inspect your vehicle regularly for any potential tracking devices.
- Contact police if you notice any suspicious activity in your neighbourhood at 613-933-5000 ext. 2418.