2023-06-29 - Canada Day CelebrationsPublished on June 29, 2023
Cornwall, ON – The Cornwall Police Service (CPS) is advising residents of planned traffic detours as a result of the Canada Day celebrations on July 1st, 2023 at Lamoureux Park. These detours are necessary in order to ensure the safety of the pedestrians attending and leaving the event.
The following detours will be implemented at 9:45 p.m. and will be in place until completion of the event at Lamoureux Park, once members of the public and vehicles have vacated the area:
- Eastbound traffic on Water Street West will be re-directed northbound on York Street.
- Southbound traffic on Augustus Street will be re-directed westbound on Water Street West.
- Southbound traffic on Pitt Street will re-directed westbound on Water Street.
- Northbound traffic from the Civic Complex will be able to continue north or turn right and go east. No left turn onto Water Street East.
- Southbound traffic from the Cornwall Square will not be permitted.
- Westbound traffic on Water Street East will be re-directed north on Sydney Street.
- Westbound traffic on Water Street East will be re-directed northbound on Adolphus Street.
Please be reminded that parking restrictions will be enforced in order to ensure that emergency services have access to the site at all times in the event of an emergency. All vehicles found in contravention of the parking by-law, will be subject to fines and towing at the owner’s expense.
In addition, the CPS would like to remind members of the public that fireworks in the City of Cornwall are prohibited unless you have a permit. The CPS would also like to remind residents to not drive if they have been drinking or using drugs. Please contact a sober friend, take a taxi or use public transportation but do not drive while impaired.
CPS Officers will be circulating throughout Lamoureux Park during the Canada Day celebrations to ensure the safety of all attendees.
The Cornwall Police Service wishes our community a happy and safe Canada Day!