Bikes & Badges is returning on June 4, 2022 at St. Lawrence College (2 St. Lawrence Drive, Cornwall, ON) from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. (Registered participants are asked to arrive by 9:30 am).
After a two-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Cornwall Police Service (CPS) is once again excited to invite local youth to take part in the annual Bikes & Badges rally. Join us as we provide children in our community with a free bicycle inspection, a Zumba warm-up, as well as lessons on bicycle safety and rules of the road before going through an obstacle course. Registered participants may also be eligible to receive a new quality helmet and safety equipment. The CPS Crime Prevention Team will be on site to register bicycle serial numbers into our Bike Registry. A free lunch and refreshments will be provided by the Optimist Club for all who attend.
What to expect:
- New high quality helmet & safety equipment provided to registered participants (Please note children without an approved helmet will be considered a priority for receiving a new helmet as supplies are limited)
- Free lunch and refreshments will be provided by the Optimist Club to all that attend
- Free mechanical bicycle inspection
- Zumba warm up before rally by Cornwall Zumba
- Members of Cornwall Police Service Bicycle Unit will teach bicycle safety and rules of the road to the participants
- The kids will be able to travel through an obstacle course
- A crime prevention booth will be in place to register kids bicycle(s) with serial numbers to the Cornwall Police Service
- A morning of fun!
A special thank you to all of the sponsors who help make this event possible:
Participants are encouraged to register their bicycle with the Cornwall Police Service by clicking here. By registering your bike with us, it increases the chance of locating the bike if it ever becomes stolen or missing. All you have to do is answer a few quick questions!
Registration is now full! Thanks to everyone who registered. If you were unable to register, we look forward to seeing you at next year's event!
Bikes and Badges Registration 2022